Raises can reward.
Promotions can motivate.
But only empathy builds real belonging.
I’ve noticed something in the teams that work best.
People feel safe.
They speak up.
They stay.
And when I look closer, the leaders in those rooms tend
to share a few habits.
Nothing dramatic.
Just small ways of being present that add up over time.
I think of them as the 7 letters of E.M.P.A.T.H.Y:
E – Engage Fully
↳ Put the phone down. Close the laptop.
↳ Let them feel heard.
M – Mirror Emotions
↳ “It sounds like you’re feeling...”
↳ This alone can shift a whole talk.
P – Pause Before Responding
↳ A breath can change your reply.
↳ It gives space for what they said to land.
A – Ask, Don’t Assume
↳ “Help me know more” beats “I think I know.”
↳ Get curious first.
T – Trust Their Perspective
↳ Their view is real to them.
↳ You don’t have to fix it to honor it.
H – Hold Space
↳ Sometimes people need a person.
↳ Not a plan.
Y – Yield the Spotlight
↳ Wait for the whole thought.
↳ Your turn will come.
Empathy takes practice.
It’s a skill, not a trait.
And honestly, some days you’ll get it right.
Other days you won’t. That’s okay.
The point isn’t to be perfect at all seven.
It’s to keep showing up and trying one or two when it
matters most.
Your version of empathy might look different from mine.
That’s the beauty of it.
There’s no single way to make someone feel seen.
But the teams that feel it?
They give it back tenfold.
https://tinyurl.com/mrywy6xy

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий